Custom Pages

Wednesday 5 February 2014

January's Favourites!

Wednesday 5 February 2014
I probably should of done this post 6 days ago, but better late than never!
I'm going to start doing this post at the end of every month and a wishlist for the start of each month :)
So this is a post about all the little things I might have bought throughout January, which became my new favorites!


Owl oil burners - G&T's, £2.00 each
4 Hour tealight candles - G&T's, £3

I bought one of these at the start of the month as my mom had one when I went back home for christmas, I love buying little things for my room at university. There's a shop called G&T's here, not sure if they have other branches etc but it is like a cheap store that sells everything. I found these and thought they would fit in perfectly with the rest of my white/pink theme room. My mom had bought me some tealight candles for christmas but I had already run out, (I burn alot of candles whoops) so I bought a new set of 36 long 4 hour ones. The oil goes in the top of the burner so when the candle inside heats the plate up, it lets off this beautiful smelling steam. I prefer it to incense as I don't like that smokey incense smell and this just smells so fresh. The oil's I pick up from G&T's and they literally have loads for 20p each. I buy so many, and I just get through loads so it's really inexpensive as they're so cheap! I loved it so much that last time I actually bought another oil burner, so now I have 2! :)


Rimmel, Kate Moss Matte - Shade 110, £3.99 

Excuse the messy tube, but as you can see this was one of my faves throughout Jan, when my hair was blue I found it difficult to wear lipstick so this one was a perfect pink shade to compliment the overwhelming blue that was my hair. It's a lovely shade to wear in the day or night and I'm obsessed with the matte collection. It goes on so creamy and just matte's right up and stays on for the whole day. I think it's such a good alternative to MAC lipstick, it lasts ages but without the expensive price tag.


IKEA Candles, Tindra - 95p each

I am obsessed. Last time my parents went to Ikea I literally jumped at the chance because I wanted to stock up with their candles (hehe) They are so cheap at just 95p! They come in this glass container which is cute because when they are finished, I discard the wax and put tea-lights in them. They smell so amazing for the price tag, I bought, like 5 last time I went at Christmas time and I only have one left (sobs) But if you ever go to Ikea.. buy them. Loads of them.. otherwise you'll regret it when you run out!


The Fault in our stars, John Green - £3.85 
Amazon - (link)

(no spoilers, I promise.)

So I've slowly but gradually been getting through all the John Green books (hehe) After I read Looking for Alaska, which I really enjoyed, I decided to give this one a go. I'd seen people raving about it on the internet, so I bought it from amazon for quite a cheap price. They do a kindle version too, but I prefer holding a book and turning the pages.. I literally sobbed.. not weeped.. sobbed haha. The end is just such a twist I didnt see it coming. A very sad book.. If you're not up for soppy sad stories then I wouldn't recommend, but if like me you like a good cry and becoming attached to characters you will love this! I'm no literature snob so I can't say if its well written or not because I don't have a clue but, I found this easy to read! I've now purchased another John Green book. This will be released as a film next year too, but I don't think it will live up to the book! :)


Factory Girl, Amazon, 

Since my boyfriend introduced me to this film I just love it. I hated it at first and complained when he put it on, but it's actually become one of my favourite films. It's such a tear jerker and depressing but it's a lovely film. Set in the 60's/70's its basically the life story of Edie Sedgewick, has alot of Andy Warhol in it too. Such a good film, and Sienna Miller is just beautiful in this. Recommend watching :)



Kinder chocolate bars, £3.00 Lidl

Whenever I go do my shopping, I always pick up a packet of these. It has an unusually creepy child on the front, but aside from that, they are just so addictive, a whole pack goes within a day..and that's 16 bars of these things. 
mmm.



I hope you enjoyed reading last months favorites! 
What are some of your favourite's?




No comments :

Emily Atelier + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio