Custom Pages

Thursday 18 February 2016

Colour Freedom, Metallic Glory in Silver Grey Review

Thursday 18 February 2016

Phew! What a mouthful. After deciding I was bored with my blonde hair, which to be honest it has been a while for me! I wanted a change that was different, but I didn't really want it to be bright and I knew I didn't want to go super dark. It took alot of effort to go to blonde and I wanted to preserve my efforts.


So I decided on grey. I didn't want silver, I wanted it to be GREY, like a granny. I found some inspiration and then I discovered this recently new? product called Colour Freedom and its their Metallic Glory collection. It's exclusively to superdrug (I think) but originally I wanted Graphite grey, which is the shade under silver blonde, but they were sold out everywhere so ended with "silver grey".

I've had quite a bit of experience with toner's, (not because I'm a qualified hairdresser or anything) but I'm constantly changing my hair colour and over the years I've gained experience with how products work, especially how they work on my own hair.

I hadn't actually used this product before, (mind me as I get all  non-technical) and it wasn't a colour wheel opposite jobby.. e.g using purple shampoo, or toner to get the desired effect, which alot of products on the market do. I often find these can make the colour quite uneven and patchy, sometimes leaving purple traces (ew.) It was a 'colour dump' so it's putting colour onto your hair, instead of cancelling out your brassiness of your blonde. It does mention that your hair should be a CLEAN BLONDE, before application, so I gave my hair a wash with purple treatment before I applied this product, to clear any brassiness.

I'm not sure what I really expected, I was hoping it wasn't too dark, but I didnt want it to be a silvery blonde, but it turned out perfectly! I followed the instructions, applied evenly and combed it through. I then waited 25 mins and rinsed. I love the smell of hair dye products (gross right) but this one actually smells lovely! 

I'm really happy with the colour and it came out so evenly I'm mega impressed. I will continue to use this product throughout my grey hair phase, and would recommend it! 


HAIR COLOUR BEFORE:



HAIR COLOUR AFTER:
(These pictures are completely unedited so you can see the true colour)



I'm obsessed with this colour now, and I would recommend Colour freedom, and their metallic glory collection, so impressed with how the colour turned out!

If you're interested in this brand in the Silver Blonde shade I wrote a review here:





No comments :

Emily Atelier + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio