Custom Pages

Thursday 14 November 2013

Review | Bleach London, Washed Up Mermaid

Thursday 14 November 2013

So I've been using these products ever since they came out, last month maybe? I'm not sure I don't have the best of memories.. but this is my review on their washed up mermaid 'super cool colour' I really wanted to give these a go ever since I saw people on instagram raving about them, I love dying my hair different colours but I always find stargazer, crazy colour etc all really stain my hair to the point I have to bleach it to get it out, this looked more promising because it was more of a pastel look. I did try it out first using the rose colour, which I was 99% sure would fade within two washes. It was a real pale pink, I would really recommend it if you're unsure about dying your hair an unnatural colour.
Anyway, so after I was fed up of pink, it was just too pale and boring and I wanted a change, something I hadn't had before :)
BLEACH London - Washed Up Mermaid, £5, Boots


So this is the colour I used to make my hair the current blue it is at the moment! I wanted a more mermaid look, especially with my extensions so I chose to dye my hair a mermaid blue. You will have to excuse my crappy iphone quality photographs by the way, I never really have time to shoot in the day as I mostly blog in the evenings but anyway off topic, I will try harder to take them with my camera.

So I chose this dye, they did have an offer at Boots, that if you bought 2 you got one free so *shrug* I bought two and I'm glad I did.. for my extensions. For some reason they look purple on here..



So I just got some cheapo gloves from the 99p store #studentlife This stuff stains your hands.. so yeah.

I can honestly say that this stuff smells, amazing. It smells so beautiful like millions of flowers are bursting all over your head.. I didn't actually take a picture of how I dyed it, I might do that next time on hair dye. So I just sectioned my hair and covered it, admittedly I did still have some traces of pink in it.. which is possibly why it didn't come out the colour I wanted. I left it in way longer than the 15 mins it says to. But at first I absolutely hated it. Excuse the bad quality picture.



So yeah, it was SO patchy and I was so upset, the previous colours (awkward peach and rose) had worked so perfectly, and I was 100% confident that this would come out the same, I was really shocked when I rinsed it all out.

So, luckily I had bought 2 bottles *thank god* and I just literally did the whole process over again, I had left my hair extensions overnight in the dye, as it wouldn't ruin them. They did come out a little patchy, I think this might of been because of pink or orange still being a tiny bit present.. I didnt think it would matter much.

So after doing it again and actually taking a picture in the daylight this was the actual colour of my hair :)


At first my extensions kinda were slightly off abit, but once I shampooed my hair once, they instantly blended in abit better. I also feel that this colour lasts longer than the peachier colours, I am actually really liking the blue! I was so worried after the first dye, but after doing it again it looks so much better and much more even.
I would try the lighter shades before doing the blue though, but it smells delicious, I always feel like a mermaid whenever I get out the shower, which is a bonus.. I really like the versatility of the product, if you're fed up you can just wash your hair loads and try another. I have heard though that the parma violets one, is one to watch, and can send your hair a nasty shade of green! *eek* But if you're a lover of strong, even colour that lasts for ages I wouldn't go with this product, but I'm so in love with this colour, I don't know when I'll change over.. I'm not sure I'm ready to stop being a mermaid yet ;)


Thanks for reading :)

4 comments :

Floral Danielle said...

I'm going blonde over Christmas and I can't wait to try out the Bleach London colours! :)
The blue looks so lovely on you!

floraldanielle.blogspot.co.uk
x

Unknown said...

hey! whats your natural hair colour? xx

Unknown said...

It's a dirty blonde :)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!

Emily Atelier + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio