Custom Pages

Friday 2 December 2016

8 Things I'm Thankful for

Friday 2 December 2016

2016 has been a hell of a year for me and I got the inspiration for this post from the American holiday of thanksgiving! (thanks, America) I really wanted to think about this past year, but also just to take some time out to really reflect on what I'm thankful for. Now I'm not religious of any sort whatsoever, but I still think it's really important to be grateful for things and opportunities that have come around. This year has been full of so many things I never thought would've happened!

1. My beautiful home

Howard pretty much worked his butt off to live where we do, it's a beautiful newly built flat and it's just such a dream to be able to live here. We're close to town and it's just so wonderfully neutral (if you've lived in student accommodation you will understand) after living in student houses for the last 3 years, living somewhere beautiful, clean and mould free is the best thing in the world.

2. Going back to university

So last year I was stuck with the horrible decision of dropping out of my final year of university. I didn't want to leave but I had to, I was sad that all my friends would graduate without me and I really struggled. But now I've returned, I've just handed in my unit ready to tackle my final major project. I'm feeling so much more productive than I was last year and I can't wait to graduate. (I'm probably going to cry)

3.  Howard

I'm not normally a mushy person and I know he won't read this (gross) but my boyfriend really helps me out so much, from taking silly blog photographs for me to making sure I get off my butt and do stuff, he's so supportive and I'm really thankful and lucky to of ended up with someone so lovely.

4. My workplace

I've met so many wonderful new people at work, they make me laugh every time I see them and they're such a great bunch. I felt rather alone when all my friends went back home after graduating, but I made some amazing new friends and I'm so happy I have them.

5. My friend returning from Australia 

So sneaky Howard and my best friend Lucky (yes that's her name) had planned to surprise me after she decided to come back from travelling and I thought I was getting a puppy.. but I wasn't. It was Lucky instead. Best surprise, and it's nice to have my friend back.

6. Family

I never really get to see them as much as I would like to, but they support me so much and I'm grateful for the support and help they give whenever it's needed. My parent's came down to help us move into our new place and I miss them being around. I just wish they lived closer!

7. Blogging

Blogging has exploded for me this year, I'm really excited to see what new opportunities lay for me around the corner! I've also met some great bloggers who are just in the same boat as I am!

8. Spotify

A little shout out to my favourite thing in the world which is music. It has the ability to change my mood at any moment and I rely a lot on music to just get me up in the morning. Spotify is my favourite thing in the world and I have way too many playlists for my own good.


It's interesting to take a step back and really think about what things you couldn't live without.
These are my top things I'm most grateful for, I could go on but I wouldn't want to bore you, what are you most grateful for and why?

Thanks for reading as always,
(Photo by Howard Budzynski)
I'm over on twitter & Instagram
- if you fancy a natter



No comments :

Emily Atelier + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio