Custom Pages

Wednesday 14 May 2014

Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Varnish review

Wednesday 14 May 2014

If you read my little hauls, you would know that I'm obsessed with these cute little nail varnish's from Rimmel London. I'm constantly picking them up whenever I take a cheeky trip into makeup stores, after having my acrylic nails I became much more interested in nail polish, something I just kind of shunned before as I was so bad at painting nails, I'm such a terrible nail biter too. So once I became interested, I picked up my first one of these Salon Pro polishes.

(from left to right)

Clearly Clear (421)
I bought this recently from eBay, I couldn't find this in store for some unknown reason, you would think they would stock it.. but anyway a clear nail polish was something I needed after I had gained a little collection. It's a really lovely top coat and has a lovely shine to it. I'm currently growing my own nails without my acrylics and I'm just wearing this on it's own and it looks lovely!

Ultra Violet (312)
This was the first colour I bought, I thought it would be a great colour to co-ordinate with my hair colour. Not sure about the name of the polish, it's not exactly 'violet' or 'ultra' so I don't really understand where they are going with that one. Its more of a strong lilac colour. 

Purple Rain (337)
This is also a more recent purchase. I wasn't really content with the ultra violet, sure it's a lovely lilac but I wanted something more bright to match my hair. I picked this up from ebay. The colour itself is not super vibrant.. it's more of a true purple colour. Slightly darker than ultra violet.

New Romantic (227)
This polish is actually part of the Kate Moss collection! It's such a beautiful colour, a pastel shimmery baby pink. I'm not sure how many of the Kate collection there is, in these polishes. But this colour is so beautiful. It's also a little sheer so you do have to apply 2-3 coats.

Peppermint (500)
They 100% got the name right on this one. This is my most recent polish which was featured in my Boots 3for2 post. This is my favorite colour I have, a beautiful mint pastel. It's so lovely for the spring and I think its a great colour in my little collection.


The best thing about these polishes are the brushes. They are double bristled which makes them have a lovely width that glides over your whole nail. Personally I think this is great and really makes it feel more luxurious whilst your painting your nails, the packaging is also great and looks professional and feels high end.
The formula itself is thick, and it claims to have a gel-like finish, which in my opinion works really well. It lasts long, barely ever chips and I'm obsessed with them. The colour choice is really good, they have a wide selection and for the price at just £4.49 is great.

The Kate Moss collection 
 These are currently on sale online at Boots!

Salon Pro Nail Varnish, Rimmel
Normal shades




No comments :

Emily Atelier + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio