Custom Pages

Thursday 15 May 2014

Elf Candid Coral & St Lucia, First impressions & Swatches

Thursday 15 May 2014

This is the first of me ever ordering online from e.l.f and I heard about the hype when they enabled their UK site. I had seen them around before when I went to America last year and I picked up one of the little black book of eyeshadows and I loved it. For the price it was great and I couldn't believe the value for money this brand had.
If you've read my previous post's you would know I've been trying to expand my makeup collection and fill my MUJI makeup storage, (which is nearly complete!) I've been really low on my selection of blushers, I think I had 3.. woah. I was torn between getting Makeup Revolution blushes or e.l.f's. But I went with e.l.f and here's what I got!


ELF Blush // Candid Coral // £3.95
I have to say I am so pleased with this blush, after becoming obsessed with coral this spring, I thought why not put that into my cheeks too. It looks much more pink in photographs, but close up it has these beautiful flecks of gold throughout giving it more of a coral orange tone. I'm super impressed with the packaging, it reminds me of Nars, but it has more of plastic feel, which I don't mind. It feels lovely in your palm and I can't wait to try this out with my new coral lipstick!



ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzer // St Lucia // £3.95
This product just screams 'value for money' The packaging feels great, it has a mirror inside and you are getting 2 products, the blush and bronzer for the same price as a blush. Also the blush in this set is absolutely stunning. Similar to the candid coral, it has slight gold flecks running through, but it's more of a pink toned blush. I think this will look amazing when I go on holiday with a summer glow. The bronzer is however quite a-lot more pigmented than I anticipated! With my ghostly pale skin I think a little will definitely go a long way. It really has a holiday tanned sort of feel to it. I'm really excited to experiment with this.


(Swatches top to bottom)
Candid Coral
St Lucia Bronzer
St Lucia Blush


I hope you enjoyed this post, I think I will purchase more products from e.l.f as I'm quite impressed. I also really love the way my photography turned out with this post.
What do you think?


No comments :

Emily Atelier + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio