Custom Pages

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Clothes Show Live!

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Hello! I'm sorry again, for my lack of posts. I've been so busy now that I'm back in Birmingham, meeting up with old friends etc I haven't had the time! I was also waiting for the above photos to be posted online so I could post this lovely post about Clothes Show Live 2013.

As you can see I was snapped at the clothes show, wearing my usual cheap primark attire haha, you can view the article with my photographs if you click on them, above. I wish however I told her that my scarf is actually Burberry, might of made my outfit sound better than just primarni lol. ;) My fringe is also just crazy, apologies haha. Since having this new fringe in, I've seemed to forgotten how to style it, but now I've been blow-drying it, its been so much better. Anyway, moving along...

So this is what I actually bought from the clothes show this year :)


So this year, I was genuinely disappointed with the clothes show, this is literally all I bought.
I found that there was so much vintage stuff and barely any higher end brands, which was super disappointing as I don't ever go to the clothes show to 'thrift' Birmingham town centre has so many vintage stores, what's the point of going to the clothes show for it when its like 10x the price.
 I literally bought one piece of clothing and then bits and bobs and a goody bag.
Even the Rimmel goody bags this year were super rubbish, it had like fake tan and orange coloured lipsticks etc and its winter.. like what.
So I was sad about that.
They had there own little social media blogger section too, which was super cool, but as it was invitation only, it was kind of pointless. They had a whole area allocated for it but no-one was ever there. I thought it would've been good for any blogger to go visit, get tips, you know, but nope.
So yeah, rant over, sorry haha but I am so glad that I bought a groupon ticket and didn't pay full price.




These were a good idea this year though, although the first photograph was £3. ¬_¬
But meh, the concept was cool, we just didnt have enough time to change props haha hence why I also look so surprised in the top photograph.
The second booth photo was free and we got free diet coke! yay!


Ciate, Emerald Collection box set - £3
So these were on offer if you bought 3 of these sets it was only £10, which according to my lovely friend Katie who came with me. She loves this brand and I was convinced. Maybe I might actually try and have nails for Christmas. I thought this box set was the perfect opportunity to kind of just have a go at it and see how I feel. So I had one of Katie's boxes as I don't need 3. I'm thinking of doing a review on this soon! 
So comment if you would like to see that. :)




Directions, Hair Dye, Various colours, - 4 for £10
I know that there's only 3 here, but I used one to mix with my conditioner. It's just a turquoise one. I thought I would stock up on some colours, I really want to try the violet next, which I will probably dilute. I'm just so excited to try new colours and I love la riche directions, so far.


ELLE Magazine, Goody bag - £2
I bought this last year and although I wasn't hyped about what was actually in the goody bag, I bought it anyway just for the magazines. I really enjoy ELLE but I can never pay £4 for a magazine, just ouch. So 2 for £2 plus a nail varnish and St Tropez bottle is kinda worth it.
I did however receive the St Tropez last year, which sucked because it was just meh, disappointing guys!


Cross top, OhMyLove - £5
This was the same exact stock they had in last year, their tshirts etc they were selling off for a fiver. I bought it because I bought some last year and they are super comfy! I was so sad that it was the same stock though, I really wanted to get some bargains from them as I love their stuff. This looks cute though, love wearing this with some leggings. :)

Diet coke Graduate show
I didnt actually visit the main show, I wanted to shop more than anything although I did stop by some of the graduate showcases to see what graduates were up too! These are some of my favourites :)




For some reason blogger isn't letting me upload my edited versions. Boo!
But yeah I'm sorry for my poor photographs this week, I have had to use my iphone for some as my boyfriend is borrowing my super camera :3

Hope you enjoyed this post!
Thanks for reading :)



No comments :

Emily Atelier + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio