Custom Pages

Friday 30 August 2013

Shoe Project

Friday 30 August 2013


If you've read my blog previously you would know that I got my place at Arts University Bournemouth to study fashion design! I recently received my summer project in the post and its to design a shoe that reflects myself. At first I was like oh god, where do I even start? I've started completing a mood board on just general shoes, just to start my initial research. Then a mood board on myself etc, but I'm going to include my own personal collection of shoes and how I feel that reflects myself! So why not post it on my blog :)
I'll probably do this a shoe a day on here if I can!

I chose to review my favourite pair of shoes first!

Embroidered Cowboy Boots by Faith


Where I bought them: I was trying to find some cowboy boots as I had succumbed to the whole western trend with all the fringe and what not, and I really wanted a pair to go with all my new outfits. I searched so much online to try and find a decent pair that weren't going to hurt my wallet. I then went on Debenhams (I think)  and somehow found these beauty's in Faith. 

Cost:  These cost me £30 I think.. They were reduced from like £75 so bargain!

General review: I think overall these are 100% worth the price, they have a padded interior to the shoe and they are so comfy, even if I decide not to wear socks. They have a slight heel which clogs when you walk along makes a nice sound, but they are easy to walk in. I feel like I can practically chuck these with any outfit and they just cheer it up. The embroidery on the shoes are so beautiful and make them just even look more expensive than the big standard boot. 


^ Close up of the embroidery.


I even love the little tags on the side that are folded over, they just make it feel so western. The way the shoe is made at the top gives it that arch aswel which I love. The zip on the side makes it easy to take them on and off. Overall just a beautiful shoe. I love these!

Has anyone else recieved a summer project for uni? If so, what is it?

Also I'm trying to follow some new refreshing blogs on blogspot, as I really love blogs run by people like me and not people who have loads of followers, I just prefer smaller blogs, I enjoy their posts more! If you have a blog, let me know and I might give you a follow :)
Thanks for reading!

No comments :

Emily Atelier + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio