Custom Pages

Wednesday 14 December 2016

The deep dark blogging pit 🙇🏼‍♀️

Wednesday 14 December 2016

Oh hey, another gloomy post from little ol' em over here, just a big scrooge stomping out everyones festive spirit, stomp stomp stomp.

But seriously, I'm sorry for my lack of blogmas, it was something I really wanted to do after blogtober, but I just can't really get into that blogging mind zone thing. Everyone gets it from time to time, but I just fell into that weird dark blogger pit again of feeling uninspired and I think it just came down to feeling maybe a little disheartened.. After my internet rant post I think it was clear to see that my heart was just not in it on that week, all the stuff going on online just made me so mad and think what is the point.

Hours of taking blog and instagram photos, writing up posts, trying to fit somewhere in the community for algorithms to just fuck you over. And now I just feel like my blog is continuously becoming rants apon rants because I'm either uninspired or just generally frustrated and annoyed and just no sign that my blog is appreciated.

But that's not why I started this blog.

I think it's important to remember why I started.. and that's because I love it. I love creating content, writing things I love and conversing with people who like the same things that I do.

So today I'm going to create and stop putting pressures on myself to be perfect, because sometimes content sucks - but it's about not creating for the sake of it - which is what I feel blogmas made me personally do. I wasn't ready or prepared and that just made me feel crap about my content. I admire anybody who can make amazing content every single day, but I just think I'm not cut out for it. I want to make content I think is my best.

I guess this ended on a positive note and I'm not bashing people who do create everyday, I just feel like I can't. Props to you guys who can!
SO back to the drawing board for me.

Have you ever felt this way?

Thanks for reading my silly rants if you're still here,

I'm over on twitter & Instagram
- if you fancy a natter

SaveSave

No comments :

Emily Atelier + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio