Custom Pages

Tuesday 6 December 2016

My Favourite things about December

Tuesday 6 December 2016

December is 100% my favourite month. I mean, I love autumn and all, but its just abit too warm, December it just gets cold and all snuggly and how could you not love the festive season, it's the one time of year when people are just generally that little bit nicer than usual. But there's other things that I just love about December and I'm going to share them!

The Coldness

Okay, I know I've already mentioned this a little bit, but I think Winter might possibly be my favourite season. The dark nights, although annoying I kind of like and the cold.. means I can wear snuggly hats everyday with no judgement. It also means I can wear all the scarves and gloves that I like. I can drink warm drinks in the cold and it makes me so happy.

German Markets

Tis the season - for german markets! German markets seem to be everywhere in December, we have one here in Bournemouth but there's a HUGE one in Birmingham (my hometown) and it's impossible to resist a huge hot dog and maybe a cheeky mulled wine. It makes it just that little bit more social which is really nice.

Christmas Parties

Everyone loves a work-do and it's no exception for me! I love a good work do, it's always great to chill out and just have a laugh with your colleagues and your bosses. There's just something so cute and festive about it.

Going Home

For me, Christmas means going home to Birmingham. I don't go to my hometown very often, but when I do, usually it's Christmas. The german markets and the giant tree in the Bullring is so nice and i just love having mulled wine and being at home with my little doggy.

New Years Eve

I love New years! It's probably my favourite evening in the whole of the year. It's a time for making changes, reflection and inspirations. It's also a time to party and get drunk, but I just love how everyone comes together to celebrate.

Christmas Day

And finally, Christmas day! I love being able to finally spend Christmas day with my family - not being able to just pop to their house, it's really nice to just spend time with my parents and family but also my little doggy. We usually chill out in our PJs (super comfy) and then have a bacon sarnie and a cup of tea. It's tradition and I love it.

Do you have any Christmas traditions? Is that you're favourite part of December too? Leave a comment and let me know!

Thanks for reading as always,

I'm over on twitter & Instagram
- if you fancy a natter


No comments :

Emily Atelier + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio