Custom Pages

Wednesday 24 February 2016

I Read // An Ember in the Ashes - Sabaa Tahir

Wednesday 24 February 2016
An ember in the ashes - Sabaa Tahir

I finally finished my book! This was quite a long intense read, which I often found quite challenging but I will 100% be reading the sequel when it comes out!

I'll try to keep this as non-spoilery as possible! But here are some of my generalized thoughts about the book and how I found the entire experience of the read.. a little review!


An ember in the ashes, was such an intense read, it's not usually my kind of style of fiction, I hadn't heard of Sabaa Tahir before, I'm pretty sure shes a Goodreads writer? But that's how I discovered this book, and honestly it was abit of a cover buy.. I mean look at it. It's gorgeous. How could I not?
It was only available in hardback which was abit annoying.. I don't tend to buy hardback unless I love the writer. But it was so beautiful I couldn't resist.

So anyway back to the book, not my ordinary read, there's alot of weapons, swords, fighting etc, so for me it was quite a difficult read at the beginning and I really struggled to just pick it up and read it..

Towards the middle it started to peak up, I became more interested in Laia, one of the main characters, and her story just got me hooked, I wanted to know what happened to her and her story, and it all just sort of escalated.

The other main character Elias, however I thought was just meh. He kind of annoyed me abit and it wasn't until they joined each other that I really got into the book.

The ending however was great, I'm so glad that Sabaa is writing a sequel, I feel that the book had quite a slow start, but by the ending things really got interesting and started heating up! Which is why I can't wait to read the next one.

I did give this book 4 stars on Goodreads, mainly because I really enjoyed it, but also because I'm not really sure if I would read the whole thing again. but also that really slow beginning..

Another book down for February!

If you want to see what else I'm reading, you can find it here!

My goodreads is here! (lets be friends!)

Happy reading!



No comments :

Emily Atelier + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio