Custom Pages

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Tour | My University Bedroom

Wednesday 20 November 2013

So I finally got around to taking photos of my room for this exciting post on my uni room! ;)
This is how I decided to decorate my room seeing as I will be living here for the next year, I've just recently put my deposit down on my next house which I'm really excited about! My room is an attic room so it will be all den like, going to go pinterest crazy for that one.
Anyway to my current room, when I moved in, it was quite big and needed to be filled up with furniture, so my parents helped me buy some things. Excuse the lighting, I did try!
I will try and remember where everything is from and link where possible! :)


Desk, Ikea
- This was a table top and I chose the legs for it, I can't remember the price, think it was around £90.. I really love the clean white look though on this desk, its great for taking pictures on and it always has a crisp look about it.
  (link)

Chair, Ikea 
- The chair was also from ikea, Its got quite a modern look about it and it compliments my desk so perfectly, considering its just wood its actually really comfortable :)
  (link)

Candles (right), Asda
- These candles were from asda, I bought them in store on sale for a £1 each. Previously I had ikea ones which I loved, but they burnt out. 

Candles (left) -  Gift
- These were given to me as a gift before I left home, they smell amazing, I'm not sure where they are from though.


Lamp, Ikea
- it literally took me forever to decide on a lamp for uni, I wanted it to fit in with my desk theme yada yada, but we came across this one and I'm so glad I bought it, its easy to adjust, great lighting for when you're doing work and it just looks really futuristic with the chrome and it fits in well with my quite minimalistic look on my desk.

Egyptian stone cat, Egypt
- I bought this from my travels, when I went to holiday in egypt, I thought this was beautiful, I can't remember the stone its carved out of, but it was done by hand. It glistens in the light too.
I'm not sure if you could get a dupe on eBay etc, but this one is the real thing and is rather special.

Orchids, Various
- I bought my orchids from various places, one was from sainsburys and the other my boyfriend bought me as a gift at home. I just brought these with me when I moved to Bournemouth.


Air freshener, asda
-My mom bought me this when I moved in, you know what mom's are like! she thought it smelt so she bought me this. We just got it in store, they're pretty easy to find.

Mirrored Compartment? - Gift
- I recieved this as a gift for my 18th birthday, I'm pretty sure it's from sainsburys, but obviously I can't confirm that. I think it's super cute and I've been using it more to store odd items e.g jewellery or makeup that wont fit anywhere else.

Acrylic Drawers - Ebay
These are such a godsend, I was sick of rummaging through nasty makeup bags to apply my makeup in the morning, but now I know where everything is and I can see it clearly through the clear plastic. I bought this one from ebay, I don't actually have the link anymore but if you search it, it should come up.


Acrylic Drawers - Ebay
- I found that when I bought the last acrylic drawers, it wasn't enough to fit in all my stuff, so I bought another. This was from Japan, so it was cheaper, but it does take longer to get to you due to the shipping. I really love this one because it has little handles, but also for the lipstick holder on the top. Keeps everything organised and I can always find the shade of lipstick I'm looking for!


Excuse the mess sign, Debanhams?
- This was given to me as a leaving gift, it fits so cutely above my desk. I am pretty sure that it was from Debenhams Home section, it's worth having a search, or look at my previous post on cute house deco.


This is just a cute shelf by my bed, which is where I keep the majority of my things :)
I still like it to be quite minimal as my room gets messy quite quickly. At the bottom shelf is where I keep my uni work, folders and notes, things I need for uni.


Sewing machine, Singer
I really love having my sewing machine a feature on the shelves, it gives a vintage kind of feel, but also because it's so heavy I don't have to lug it around everywhere if I ever want to use it! This was given to me by my aunt and I love it so much.


Magazines, drawing materials, Things for uni.
This shelf is where I keep all my utensils, pens etc! I also have my fashion magazines here.

Big Jar, Ikea,
This I use to store all my pencils etc that doesn't fit into my pencil case. I bought this jar from ikea, for just £2, it's so cheap in there. I think it makes a nice piece out of something that could look quite busy.

Pencil Case, Paperchase
This I bought, obviously to hold all my pencils, etc, stuff I will actually need at uni.


USB, Jar
I'm not entirely sure where these jars came from, I think they had sweets or something in them, so I always keep my usb stick in one, just so I never lose it! Because the jar is so small as well, it fits in my bag for uni, and I can always find it, instead of rummaging around in my bag.


Bedsheets - Primark
I bought these bedsheets from primark they really fit in with my whole colour scheme and give a girly vibe. They are also silky, so it makes getting into bed a little bit more luxurious.

Fluffy Pink Pillow, Ikea
I couldn't actually find the link to post, as I couldn't find it online but I bought the big pink fluffy cushion cover from ikea, the pillow is separate. So it's abit more pricey but totally worth it!

Home sweet home cushion, Gift
The home sweet home cushion was actually given to me before I left. I love this cushion the patchwork is so cute and it really does make everything that much cosier and homely.


Mirror - Argos
Cheap and cute, I really love this mirror, it really fits in with my whole theme, its white, its girly, I just love it.
It makes it easier having a full length mirror, I'd be lost without one.

Drawers, Ikea
These are so simple and they come in a few various different colours, you can also buy dividers that go inside them, to keep them all organised! Again I chose white to fit my pink & white theme, but also if I decided to change the pink, it would still go with everything.

Curtains, Argos
These were cheap curtains from argos, they do the job, but they also brighten the room up and just make everything seem mine and more at home. 

I hope you enjoyed this post, I know it was quite long! if there's anything you see that I've missed out or want help in finding just leave a comment below!
Thanks for reading!



CHECK OUT MY NEW UNI ROOM HERE



7 comments :

f said...

Doesn't look like uni at all, looks very comfy.

http://thevulgariangirl.blogspot.com

Abigail said...

Your room looks amazing and so cosy! I really need some storage for my make-up like yours too

notjustacurl.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

yeah it is!
and its so useful.. really helps me out!

Emily said...

I thought this was your room at home not uni when I saw it, looks much nicer than standard uni rooms! Looks lovely and cosy Emily ( good name btw!), your sewing machine is so pretty xx

Joana said...

Love the decoration! Your room actually seems quite cozy and everything is in the right place. Mine is super messy and I'm living at home!

Joana from Who the Fuck is Chanel

Unknown said...

Thank you!

Unknown said...

It is very comfy! Thank you!

Emily Atelier + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio