Custom Pages

Thursday 5 January 2017

2017 a year of goals and aspirations.

Thursday 5 January 2017

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and new year, I went up to Birmingham to see my family again which was so fun and relaxing and for new year, we had some friends over to our flat and completely chilled out. It was probably one of my favourite New years, mainly because there wasn't any faffing about and spending money left right and centre. Lets be honest, 2016 wasn't exactly the best!

After an expensive December though, my wallet is feeling sad and my belly is feeling rather 'juicy' hahaha. So after much reflecting and a good ol' break from the pressures of blogging and my studies at university, it's time to lay down my 2017 resolutions, the goals I want to achieve and my 2017 dreams.

Spend less money

So my student loan is rather pitiful. It just about covers my rent so the money I earn from working on Saturdays contributes to my living costs. I don't buy a lot of things but there are things I can definitely cut down on spending, like new cushions for my flat etc, no matter how nice they look. 

Eat better

I know this is super boring and clique, but December.. you always eat so much crap. I'm not saying I'm going to the gym and trying to lose weight, I just want to start eating better meals again. I've been eating way too many snacks and not eating proper good meals. So I'm really looking forward to that.

University

If you've been a reader for a while, you will know that last year I actually dropped out of final year university, it was a tough decision and you can read all about my experience in another blog post that I posted.  (Read "why I dropped out of my final year at university") It was hard watching all my friends graduate without me, but this is my year to finally achieve my graduation on my own. It's a huge deal for me and I can't wait to complete it.

A new wardrobe

Something I've been doing for a little while now, is buying more neutral coloured clothing. if you've seen my flat on my instagram you will see that I'm a huge lover of minimal layouts and it's sort of grown into my clothing choices too. One thing I really want to do this year, is donate my old clothes, things I've had for years and start over with a interchangeable more chic kind of wardrobe. Obviously I don't really have the budget for this as I'm trying to save haha, but we'll see how it goes. Abit at a time.

Blogging.

This year has been so amazing for my blogging, I sorted my blog layout out, got my photography style down, I've had some really cool opportunities and it's just been so much more fun and exciting. My boyfriends a photographer, so we go out on shoots together, spend time doing some photos and it's been nice to bond over something I love to do. I only really became super obsessed with blogging again around October time, being in my new home really helps. So I can only imagine what I could possibly achieve this year, it's also something I feel I can fit around uni life now unlike before when I was too stressed to either think about it.

I'm considering starting a blog schedule, but I'm going to use January to suss out what works best for me and my schedule with uni and everything like that. Blogging takes a lot of time, especially with marketing and self promotion, it's not the easiest thing to put into a schedule, so I'll keep everyone updated if it changes!

Have you posted about your 2017 goals? Leave them in the comments as I'd love to have a nosy!

Thanks for reading as always!
I'm over on twitter & Instagram
- if you fancy a natter

No comments :

Emily Atelier + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio