Custom Pages

Saturday 5 November 2016

BLEACH LONDON 'THE BIG PINK' REVIEW

Saturday 5 November 2016

It literally feels like forever since I've done any sort of hair dye related reviews or something to do with actually dying my hair. My previous "BLEACH LONDON" post has probably my most amount of views ever, which is strange because in my opinion their hair dye is more about the sort of trend and marketing they have behind their brand as opposed to the actual formula of the dye itself, but I guess that's why its popular!

Also I think some of their colours absolutely suck. Not sure if they changed their formula's in some of them, but the undertones in their violet skies one used to send people's hair green, not nice. They thought they would fix this by releasing a rose shampoo to claim you can shampoo it out.. instead of fixing their crappy formula.. anyway that's another story! Back to the review..

SO I'm dying my hair pink.

It's obvious I change my hair a lot, which is probably why you're reading this, I'd say I'm pretty good at hair colours mainly because I've quite a lot of experience with colours such as vegetable based dyes. Peroxide dyes are a completely different story. But Bleach london and all those sorts of dyes usually contain no peroxide and a lot of them are vegan friendly!

I hear you asking.. "Emily, why are you using bleach london if you don't like their formula so much?"

Well, my hair is extremely porous. Which means my hair has been very over-processed, which isn't surprising considering what it's been through this year. This was down to a lot of peroxide and chemical based colours I've been using this year. So my hair takes to colour really well, but it also clings onto it quite abit (especially at the ends) and because of this I didn't want something really with a lasting colour because it will take forever to wash out.

I'm also trying to not bleach my hair at the moment, so when I want to change colour I can do it easily by fading the colour out by using simple shampoo and not putting any chemicals on my damaged hair. 

So what's actually good about Bleach London semi permanent hair dyes?


- They're pretty good at fading. If you're after a colour that will fade quickly, this dye will. However if you're looking for a long-lasting bright colour that won't happen with these dyes.

- They smell amazing. That is one thing I love about their products is that they smell incredible.

- They're easy to apply, the formula is quite creamy and not runny at all so it's so easy to apply this all over your hair. I recommend applying on damp hair, it makes application a lot easier.

This was my hair before, I had previously used rose on it, which left it in this weird pinky colour, my roots were a strange blonde colour but I'd washed it for so long and I was fed up with it (tehe) excuse my pyjamas..


(^ my hair before)


My hair after!

It's now a bright pink colour, which has a little hint of purple-y in there, which reminds me of the XXL Live pink colour that they do, I much prefer the flamingo pink colour from La riche Directions, but its alright! I'll see how it goes washing wise and let you guys know what the upkeep/fade is like after a few weeks.

One thing I did notice was it is extremely messy in the shower. Like everywhere, I was squeegee-ing around as I went along, and it will stain your white pillows!

But thanks for reading as always and I'm hope you found the review helpful.

Let me know if you would like to see more posts like this!

Update:

I had this colour for a few weeks, it was nice, but started fading obviously. When I bleached my hair, it was VERY RED TONED. It was almost orange as though I had bleached dark hair... So my guess is that this is a very red based pink. I used this as a temporary colour because I thought it would fade out easy and be easy to remove. I was wrong. I never have any trouble with pinks but it was the hardest pink I have ever had to remove. The colour was nice while I had it, but was hard to remove. If you're looking for a better pink and not red based (in my opinion) I would recommend Flamingo pink by La riche Directions.

No comments :

Emily Atelier + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio