Custom Pages

Tuesday 16 February 2016

The little things

Tuesday 16 February 2016

Living with anxiety can be a real hard struggle. People often misinterpret anxiety as something everyone feels from time to time, which is right! Sometime's its good to be a little scared about something. But for me yesterday, leaving my flat to go get some food from Tesco made me so frightened of leaving my cosy little nook I just completely freaked out.. weird right. I don't even know what I was afraid of! After my moment of panic I calmed myself down and pushed myself out of that front door and told myself that I CAN do this.

After I had set myself this small goal, I realized it's the little things.

The little tasks or goals we complete throughout the day that make us feel better about ourselves. The personal ones.

Even if it's a very small thing that would seem silly to other people but is personal to you. Goals that others set you can often be unrealistic and unclear if they don't understand what it is you need. Working towards a better you involves setting yourself small personal goals.

Not being at university anymore means that I have quite a bit of time on my hands and deciding what to do with that time can often be quite hard to do! (as silly as that sounds)
As a person who benefits from having routine, and yeah, I would say I need routine in my life to function, it's often difficult for me to 'take a break' as I'm not sure what to do with all this free time that I now have.

So in this break period I'm going to focus on my little things, my little goals that enable me to become a more stronger person to myself.

Here are some small goals I'm currently working on:

  • finishing that god damn book I've been reading! 
  • becoming a morning person 
  • no netflix after 9pm
  • go outside alone and read a book 
  • go somewhere totally alone at least once a week
  • make sure my little tasks get done (eg going to the bank etc)
Although these goals may seem silly or unnecessary to some people they mean alot to me, and also will help to keep my anxiety in check.

What goals are you working on at the moment?


No comments :

Emily Atelier + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio