Custom Pages

Saturday 6 April 2013

Metallics!

Saturday 6 April 2013
metallic purple

metallic purple by lunacrust 


It's late I know but I couldn't help but be fascinated with metallics! I found a fair few metallic skirts which is stupid for me because I usually hate skirts, unless they're fitted to my body, most of the metallic skirts are mainly skater skirts, which for my stumpy posture doesn't compliment me in any way unless they are ridiculously short. I thought I would have a go at putting some form of outfit together though with some metallic influence, I should probably get some more colour instead of black, grey and white all the time, but hey ho. I was just browsing through polyvore and there are actually alot of lovely skater style metallic skirts, personally I prefer the ones with the pleats. But pleats are super easy to do yourself so that shouldnt stop you. I remember coming across a lovely metallic pleated skirt in topshop once last year, my friend told me not to get it because she thought it was ugly. (kicking myself now)   Anyway.. Boohoo had alot of (cheap) and nice skirts, alongside nastygal, their's were abit more pricey but they came with the lovely pleats. This skirt I picked out though because I loved the lasercut patterns on the bottom, it was different and quirky looking but also it was this lovely silver colour. I found that alot of the other skirts were super bright! superhero colours.. not really my style. I think if you cant pull stuff off like that it becomes tacky and eek. Im still obsessed with this whole faux leather look, I think I've found my niche. I love all these pretty bralets but I probably manage to fit in less than half of them (damn boobies) which is depressing but just got to live with it. The shoes are just beautiful. I love platforms and these are complete with a little glittery panel down the side which really compliment the whole shiny look. few accessories, silver to break up the black abit. I also chose these starry tights from topshop, I thought these would look lovely with the silver and give a spaceman vibe (tehe). I would probably wear a purple lipstick with a purple bag or nails or something just to break it all up! I should probably get to bed now, 3am is late :|



No comments :

Emily Atelier + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio