Custom Pages

Wednesday 5 October 2016

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lipsticks

Wednesday 5 October 2016

My favourite lipsticks hands down, have to be the Ultra matte formula from Colourpop, I'm hoping and praying that they open a UK store because the postage from America makes me really sad. But they are amazing I have 5 now, and I prefer them over my MAC lipsticks most of them matte formula too.

There's just something really satisfying about a liquid lipstick, I feel like they give much more coverage and they literally do no budge off your lips. I have tried some liquid matte lipsticks from some cheap brands like MUA and Makeup Revolution, but they are often too thick and heavy or just not great coverage but Colourpop have just got their formula so so right. I can wear them all day and not have to top them up which is awesome.

Shades from top to bottom, SOLOW, INSTIGATOR, CHI, MIDI and TRAP. 
One thing I do find about these lipsticks is that they come out quite dark as swatches and on the lip as opposed to in their bottles.

Solow 

Its a lot different in person, its a darkish mauve-y kind of pink colour but it's really really beautiful and what I love most about these lipsticks is that they're super wearable.

Instigator

Very very similar to midi but it has much more of a orange undertone to it unlike solo which is a lot more mauve pink. 

Chi

A dark nude colour, very brown toned. I didn't think it would be this dark, but it's quite a medium brown shade.

Midi

A real neutral pinky nude tone. Beautiful for everyday wear, this is probably the one I use the most as it's super wearable and really flattering on my skin tone

Trap

This was my first one that I bought as I wanted that cool greige lip that everyone was going for. Again its a lot darker on your lips than in the bottle. I wouldn't say it was 'griege' as such but more of a purple-y browny nude. Its lovely though and does give off that purple vibe.

And here are some swatches for you (same order)

(Top to bottom) 
SOLOW, INSTIGATOR, CHI, MIDI, TRAP. 

Do you own any colour pop lipsticks? Which one's your favourite?

No comments :

Emily Atelier + BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio